Namibia

Welcome to my blog! I created this blog as a journal to record my experiences in Namibia. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

Monday, August 18, 2008

Swakopmund with the Kids

This past weekend we went to Swakopmund with about 30 of the kids from the BNC for the weekend. The idea of the trip was for the children to perform songs in Swakopmund and to see the ocean and sand dunes. It turned out to be an amazing weekend and the kids really enjoyed themselves.
We left Saturday morning, MB drove the bus full of children and I drove a car full of volunteers. When the kids arrived we went straight to the beach and they played for a few hours in the sand and water. Felix and I chased kids around and threw them in the water. After spending the afternoon at the ocean, we went back to the bungalows and had dinner and the kids got settled for the night. They really loved being in the bungalows and playing "house". There was so much joy on their faces the whole weekend. In the morning, Salome, Meroldi, and Sanet ran into my room and woke me up. Cathy arranged free sandboarding for the kids so we spent a few hours sandboarding in the dunes. Think of it as sledding down a HUGE hill at fast speeds- it is really exciting. Afterwards we went back to the beach for a few hours then road home.
I really enjoyed myself this weekend- being with the kids remains a wonderful experience and they still hold a special place in my heart.
I have tried to upload some pictures from the weekend but with no luck... I will try to do it in the next few days! Hope all is well...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yea yea im sure you enjoyed chasig little children around and throwing them in the water, remember when you and me did that together? i was so young and you were so open

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home