Namibia

Welcome to my blog! I created this blog as a journal to record my experiences in Namibia. Enjoy!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bronx, New York, United States

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Landed Safely

Just arrived in Windhoek ... the flight from JFK was delayed for an hour on the runway as I sweated out 10 pounds! The delay made me miss my connecting flight so I hung out in the terminal in Johannesburg for a few hours until the next available flight. All in all, a super easy flight with no baggage hassles. I smuggled in about 50lbs of cleats, books, etc. :) It's about 60 degrees and sunny in Windhoek! I'm not sure what the next few days have in store for me as far as housing and internet but will try to get on soon.

On the flight across the Atlantic I didn't sleep so I just started thinking of all the possibilities to do here from mentoring to teaching to exploring other schools. There is a lot I hope to take advantage of in this trip. Looking forward to seeing my cousin, Katy Marie, soon, too :) My battery and internet time are running low... will write more later!!

God Bless...

3 Comments:

Blogger PTA President said...

McKenney, I am glad that you had a safe flight and the weather sounds wonderful. Over here in the concrete jungle the weather has been 100+ degrees for the last few days. Everything seems to going well for you, the kids you will be tutoring will appreciate you and all your hard work. You are indeed a great teacher!
Talk soon.
President

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear McKenney,
It is so uplifting to read your journal because I know that you guys will leave great memories to those children that are lucky to have you. Here, I have been working trying to keep up with the e-mails and so on. By the way, it is a nice haircut, YOU LOOK SO COLOMBIAN!!!!!
Hey friend take care and don't work too hard!

Reyes

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Watson : ) said...

Hey McKenney - I love your blog - Very cool - I just got back from my "little" trip and it is nice to read about how things are going for you - I look forward to reading more about your time there - Keep up the great work - I am very impressed (I mean I was already, but now even more so!) Stay safe : ) Watson

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home